Ricebeet is a carefree and happy Beetroot, he loves to make his friends laugh on Ricetown farm! We have collaborated with @lennesimoblog to bring you this warm Ricebeet soup recipe, just in time for Autumn!
Anna Fracassi from @lennesimoblog loves to mix flavours and textures when she creates recipies. Anna has had a food blog since 2011 and loves to use her cooking to learn about different gastronomic culstures around the worlk. This is one of her favourite family recipes, which she makes every year as a starter on Christmas day and other special occasions!
Ricebeet Soup Recipe
Ingredients for 2 people:
250 g of boiled beets 1 boiled potato
1 clove of garlic
500 ml of vegetable broth
100 g of fresh goat’s cheese
a bunch of thyme
3 tablespoons of seed oil
a tablespoon of olive oil
pink pepper to taste
- Heat some olive oil in a saucepan and cook the garlic and onion until soft.
- Add the diced beetroot and boiled potato to the pan. Cook for a few minutes.
- Add the broth to the pan and let everything cook for 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, heat the seed oil in a pan and fry the thyme. Softer branches can be left whole, but not larger ones. Once crispy, transfer the thyme onto a sheet of kitchen paper to dry the excess oil.
- Blend the beetroot soup until smooth.
- Serving suggestion: top your beetroot soup with some goat cheese balls sprinkled with the fried thym, a drizzle of olive oil and a pinch of pink pepper.
Did you know?
Beetroots are rich in mineral salts (sodium, calcium, potassium, iron, magnesium and phospho) and vitamins (A, C and group B).
We hope that you enjoyed making this Ricebeet soup recipe. Do you have any recipes you would like to share with us? Email us on email@example.com if you would like your recipe to be featured on our blog! We love to see you have fun with our DIY projects, so please share your images with us by tagging them with #noodoll on Instagram or Facebook!