This week we have a superb guest DIY project from the amazing Donna Wilson! We had a great time last weekend at the launch of her new MYO magazine full of fun DIY activities for families and a fabulous show from Slovenian puppeteers the Ljubljana Puppet Theatre which features Donna’s woollen creatures set design. Here Donna is brining us a step-by-step guide for you to make your own paper fox mask.
1. You will need a cardboard box, a glue stick, a pair of scissors, some tape, a marker, a craft knife.
2. Cut out your fox shape in you piece of cardboard, give your fox big ears! Measure where to put the eyes on your face and cut out two circles.
3. Use a bow to draw a circle in another piece of cardboard to make the nose and cut out one third of your circle and draw the tip of your fox nose with a marker
4. Fold your piece so that the edges touch and stick it in place with a bit of tape, you can now glue it to your mask.
5. Now make your fox eyebrows by cutting two pieces of cardboard in an arch.
6. Using your craft knife, cut some hair into the eyebrow and stick them above the eyes.
7. Now give you fox some hair by cutting out some rectangles in your cardboard.
8. Glue the hair on your fox’s chest.
9. Enjoy playing with your mask and make sure to send us some photos of your own fox mask!
Let us tell you a little bit more about the MYO, it is a unique bi-yearly printed publication. Its aim is to celebrate and inspire creativity in all its forms – music, play, cooking, or just day-to-day life. MYO stands for Make Your Own. Each edition features step-by step projects from leading designers in their field’s, cooking experiences and recipes from all around the world, and interviews with scientists, surgeons, artists and lawyers!
The launch party was such a blast, so much creativity going on, we made some cupcakes, necklaces, drawings, masks and we loved the puppet show! Thanks to Donna Wilson and her team for creating such a wonderful event for all, and we absolutely love MYO and looking forward to the next edition.